We’re better together.
Environment and Family are Key to Our Mission
Simply stated our mission is to support Guardians – helping families and offering environmental science education that promotes deep healing connections with Nature. OUR GOAL is to grow future environmentalists for Earth.
Our Work Grows Roots
Guardians Around The Earth or GATE is a California based 501c3 nonprofit organization established in 2007. Our work provides the following: 1) environmental science awareness and early STEM education; 2) Nature conservation connections; and 3) family caregiver support. We connect people to our natural environment by increasing early childhood education quality & building effective families.
- We provide early STEM education through
- seminars for early childhood educators and parents,
- preschool mobile science labs, and
- hands on first STEM activities for youth.
- We provide Nature connections through
- Nature immersive field trips,
- environmental science classes, and
- tree conservation / planting outings.
- We provide family caregiver support through
- online support groups,
- parenting skills info sharing,
- comfort quilt and gift distributions.
Upcoming Earth Day Events – Join Us!
- Earth Day Cleanup Promo. Join video crew from City of Tehachapi to recruit others. DATE and Location: 9:30a – March 2nd meet Flying J Truck Stop 1668 E Tehachapi Bl
- Help Clean Up Tehachapi. Join GATE volunteers in a safely distanced clean up of East Tehachapi Boulevard area from Dennison Road to Tehachapi-Willow Springs Road. DATE and Location: April 19th meet at Flying J Truck Stop for supplies
- Earth Day Drive. Give on Earth Day. Help us meet our fundraising goal at Give Big Kern. Link is live on April 4th for those who wish to donate earlier to this drive.
Earth Day PLUS Give Big Kern Drive
NEWS – This coming Spring we again join Give Big Kern with our annual Earth Day Drive. With the COVID setback we desperately need funds in place to get moving again. Help us raise funds, email us to add yourself as a fundraiser at Give Big Kern.
VOLUNTEER FROM YOUR COUCH! You have time, we need help. We added several online and work at home volunteer options. Click HERE and fill out form at bottom of page to find out how you can make an impact.
Volunteer Challenge: Seeking outreach volunteers to support caregivers and those living with chronic illness. Last year GATE’s Caregiver Support Program provided outreach to over 400 individuals and families suffering from chronic illness and stress. But our key volunteers are now unable to continue this work. Help GATE’s Executive Director contact individuals living with chronic illness and provide online support to those in grief, in fear, in isolation.
YOU are the change that makes us all great!
Make a difference! Pay it Forward! We will all be better for it.
We’re proud to be a part of the Kern and Los Angeles County communities, serving our friends and neighbors.
We Are a Stem for Future Branches
We are volunteer Guardians of Earth – teaching environmental science to improve sustainable conservation.
We are Guardians of youth – educating teachers, parents and others in early STEM to promote future environmentalists.
We are Guardians of family – supporting caregivers in a way that deepens healing connections with Nature, with humans and our Earth.
When people support one another, there’s no limit to what we can do.
GATE’s Learning & Edu-Care Project (LEC) provides outreach and environmental education focused toward Kern County youth and early childhood educators with a goal of developing future environmentalists. During 2019, LEC’s environmental science and early STEM sessions benefited 1200+ regional youth. Learning & Edu-Care teaches:
- the importance of education in Nature,
- early STEM education,
- concepts of nature conservation, and
- sustainability through environmental activities.
GATE’s Caregiver Support Program provides outreach, mentoring and skills training globally for Guardians in distress due to chronic illness, home health care, transitional living, etc. Support for individual caregivers also benefits their entire family. GATE’s Caregiver Support Program helped 45 individuals during 2019 through the following:
- online support groups,
- personal phone contacts,
- stress reductive skill building,
- comfort quilts and generous gift giving.
We need your support to do our work — contact us to volunteer and donate.
Where GATE funds go:
40% Early STEM Seminars for Teachers and Parents,
40% Direct Youth Education and Mobile STEM Labs,
10% Caregiver Support,
8% Program Outreach, and
2% Fees (bank, website, insur).
We are dedicated to ensuring fund majority is directed toward service. Thus, GATE operates in a donated space with all board, support staff and educators as volunteers.
Guardians Around The Earth is committed to the highest level of transparency. As such our nonprofit organization obtained a Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar. “GuideStar is the world’s largest source of information on nonprofit organizations.” See our updated nonprofit profile here: GuideStar.
Get in Touch
Guardians Around The Earth EIN 86-1175701
1085 Voyager Drive #1871 Tehachapi, CA 93581
marisa.director.LEC @ gmail.com 661-822-5423
Visit Donation Page:
Copyright Guardians Around The Earth – All rights reserved